- The Beatles – Sgt.
- 1. Digital Mystikz- Haunted
- This classic, produced in 2006, was crafted at the height of Dubstep's golden age. While very minimal and simple in its nature, Haunted became an instant hit after it's release on the DMZ label. The tracks perfectly encapsulates dubstep as a genre, with an emphasis on a grungy sliced up bassline and a syncopated 2-step drum pattern. While the duo of Coki and Mala have produced several magnificent tracks, Haunted remains a favorite among many.
Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill - 7.5+/10
Boredoms - Vision Creation Newsun - 9/10
Charles Mingus - Oh Yeah - 9/10
cLOUDDEAD - Ten - 7.5+/10
Dirty Beaches - Badlands - 6/10
Dirty Beaches - Drifters/Love is the Devil - 7.5/10
Frank Zappa - Jazz from Hell - 7.5+/10
Frank Zappa - Uncle Meat - 8/10
Fugazi - Red Medicine - 9.5/10
The ratings mean:
9/10-10/10 : Great album. One of my personal favourites.
7.5/10-8.5/10 : Great album.
6-7/10 : Good album.
1-5.5/10 : Bad or flawed (or both).
The plus mark in some ratings means that the number is estimated and I'm currently re-listening to form a more definitive opinion.
- Beatles – Revolver
- Radiohead – the Bends
- Beatles – Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- Radiohead – OK Computer
- Beatles – Beatles (White Album)
- REM – Automatic for the People
- Dylan, Bob – Blood on the Tracks
- Beatles – Abbey Road
- Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon
- Smiths – Queen is Dead
- Love – Forever Changes
- Stone Roses – Stone Roses
- Velvet Underground - & Nico
- Davis, Miles – Kind of Blue
- U2 – Unforgettable Fire
- Morrison, Van – Astral Weeks
- Nirvana – Nevermind
- Beach Boys – Pet Sounds
- Prince – Sign o’ the Times
- Springsteen, Bruce – Born to Run
- The Queen Is Dead – The Smiths
- Revolver – The Beatles
- Hunky Dory – David Bowie
- Is This It – The Strokes
- The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground
- Different Class – Pulp
- The Stone Roses – The Stone Roses
- Doolittle – Pixies
- The Beatles (White Album) – The Beatles
- Definitely Maybe – Oasis
- Nevermind – Nirvana
- Horses – Patti Smith
- Funeral – Arcade Fire
- Low – David Bowie
- Let England Shake – PJ Harvey
- Closer – Joy Division
- It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back – Public Enemy
- Loveless – My Bloody Valentine
- Whatever People Say I Am, That’s Wha
Since late 2007, I've kept track of all my 'current favourite' songs. I had to look through diaries and use faint memories for the earlier entries. So, here are all the songs which have been my 'current favourite' (NOT 'all-time' favourite). They are ordered chronologically backwards (most recent is first).
Too Drunk To Dream - The Magnetic Fields
Rain is Falling - Electric Light Orchestra
Meaningless - The Magnetic Fields
Looking For the Magic - Dwight Tilley
La Femme Accident - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark