Submitted by podizz on Wed, 12/16/2009 - 09:03
- Created in 2006, the New Mexico Bowl is played at University Stadium on the campus of the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- The game is between teams representing the Mountain West Conference and the Western Athletic Conference
- December 23, 2006 San Jose State 20 New Mexico 12
- December 22, 2007 New Mexico 23 Nevada 0
- December 20, 2008 Colorado State 40 Fresno State 35
- December 19, 2009 Wyoming vs. Fresno State
Submitted by podizz on Wed, 12/16/2009 - 09:01
- The Maaco Las Vegas Bowl has been played annually at Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada since 1992.
- The game originated from the California Raisin Bowl, which was played in Fresno from 1981–1991. In 1992, the game reorganized and relocated to Las Vegas and was renamed the Las Vegas Bowl.
- Since 2001, the game has featured a matchup of teams from the Pac-10 and Mountain West conferences.
- Since 2006, the bowl gets first choice of Mountain West Conference teams. This would normally be the conference champion unless that team qualifies for the BCS.
Submitted by podizz on Tue, 12/15/2009 - 14:42
- The Emerald Bowl is played annually at AT&T Park (home of the San Francisco Giants) in San Francisco, California, since 2002.
- It was previously known as the San Francisco Bowl and its official name was the Diamond Walnut San Francisco Bowl in recognition of the corporate title sponsor, Diamond of California, from 2002 to 2003.
Submitted by podizz on Tue, 12/15/2009 - 14:31
- The Outback Bowl is played at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida.
- The bowl was first called the Hall of Fame Bowl from 1986 to 1994.
- The name "Outback" comes from the game's title sponsor, Outback Steakhouse.
- The Hall of Fame Bowl was held at Legion Field in Birmingham, Alabama from 1977–1985.
Submitted by podizz on Tue, 12/15/2009 - 14:18
- The Little Caesars Pizza Bowl (known as the Motor City Bowl until 2009) has been played annually since 1997.
- Starting in 2002, the game was moved to Ford Field in downtown Detroit, Michigan.
- The Little Caesars Pizza Bowl features a bowl-eligible team from the Mid-American Conference (usually the winner of the MAC Championship Game, although that team is not required to accept the bid) playing a bowl-eligible team from the Big Ten Conference.
- The game was jointly sponsored by the "Big Three" automakers in Detroit from 1998 to 2007.
Submitted by podizz on Tue, 12/15/2009 - 14:04
- The Texas Bowl was held for the first time in 2006 in Houston, Texas.
- The bowl replaces the now-defunct Houston Bowl, which was played annually from 2000 to 2005. The first bowl game in Houston was the Bluebonnet Bowl, played from 1959 through 1987.
- The Big 12, Big East and Conference USA will be affiliated with the game, as well as Texas Christian University of the Mountain West.
- December 28, 2006 Rutgers 37 Kansas State 10
- December 28, 2007 TCU 20 Houston 13
- December 30, 2008 Rice 38 Western Michigan 14
- December 31, 2009 Missouri vs. Navy
Submitted by podizz on Tue, 12/15/2009 - 13:57
- The Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl is played in Amon G. Carter Stadium on the campus of Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas.
- It was inaugurated in 2003 as the Fort Worth Bowl under corporate sponsorship of PlainsCapital Bank.
- In 2006, Fort Worth based Bell Helicopter Textron took over sponsorship.
- The game features a team from Mountain West Conference. The bowl's partnership with the Big 12 Conference ended with the 2005 season; in 2006, the game featured a team from Conference USA against a team from the MWC, with C-USA returning in 2008.
Submitted by podizz on Tue, 12/15/2009 - 13:17
- Created in 2006, the PapaJohns.com Bowl is played annually at Legion Field in Birmingham, Alabama.
- ESPN Regional Television owns and manages the bowl's operations, sponsorships and marketing, including broadcast of the game on ESPN.