Music I've listened to this summer (2010)
Submitted by spinmedown16 on Sat, 08/21/2010 - 19:46
- This is actually in the order of my date added list, so everything is here unless I really didn't like it all that much. All Genres and years are gotten from Discogs.com, and most likely it's the first or second link that comes up.
- Artist - Album - Year - Genre - Opinion
- Young Mountain - This Will Destroy You - 2006 - IDM/Post Rock - I've given this album a couple of listens and it's good an solid, but it didn't really inspire much in me. Every other review I've read on the matter says the opposite, but I suppose I just wasn't in the mood. It's not bad at all (in all actuality it's pretty good), it just doesn't really strike me as anything too new to me. Only given it a couple of real listens though. I'd recommend it to any post rock fan though, it's worth a good listen.
- The Daysleepers - The Soft Attack EP - 2006 - Shoegaze/Dream Pop - I've listened to this album through and through six times, and I can say without a doubt I am not impressed. It's not bad at all, I just am not too fond of Dreampop. The shoegaze is good though. If you like pop at all this would actually be a great album for a beginner of shoegaze, though My Bloody Valentine is better for the beginner still.
- Four Tet - There Is Love in You - 2010 - IDM/Deep House/Experimental - I enjoy Four Tet, I liked Rounds, but this one just hasn't done it for me quite the same. I haven't given it a thorough listen through though, so I haven't quite made up my mind on this one yet.
- Tangerine Dream - Rubycon - 1975 - Ambient - I don't remember listening to this. This most likely means I was very, very heavily stoned. I rated both of them five out of five stars, which means it was good enough for me to remember doing that while heavily medicated. It is Tangerine Dream though, and what I do remember of it was that it was very beautiful, but it's 1975, it's tangerine dream, and - well, that should be reason enough to give this a good listen. I'll write more about this album when I listen to it next.
- Tangerine Dream - Ricochet - 1975 - Experimental/Ambient - Don't remember a thing. It's one of their most popular, out of something like 65 total albums, but I can say I was heavily medicated once again on this one. Definitely worth a DL though.
- Villagers - Becoming A Jackal - 2010 - Alternative - First listen didn't like it at all. Kind of bored of it. Second listen still bored. Third listen fell in love.
- Ant Trip Ceremony - 24 Hours - 1968 - Psychedelic Rock - I really love Pale Shades of Gray, and that's the song that really stands out to me, but the others are just as good. Worth a few good as an album, but the song has been on repeat many a time.
- Avi Buffalo - Avi Buffalo - 2010 - Indie Alternative - Well done. Great background and foreground music. Nothing to write home about, but it is worth getting. I go back to it every once in a while.
- Voicesvoices - Origins - 2010 - Abstract/Post Rock/Experimental - Great album. The opener track, Flulyk Visions is amazing. It has a shoegaze feel to it also, and I'm very impressed overall. Still gets played several times a week.
- Many, many more coming.
This is going to be a very long list.