20 Worst Simpsons Episodes
Submitted by MiracleAngel on Sat, 04/02/2005 - 13:30
- New Kids on the Blecch (12): NSYNC? No.
- The Lastest Gun in the West (13): Where were all the jokes?
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge (11): I'd expect something like this from a CBS sitcom, Not The Simpsons
- Helter Shelter (14): An 1895 House? Boring. And the dreadful ending really sucked.
- Saddlesore Gallactica (11): This belongs in a Saturday morning cartoon.
- Bart to the Future (11): Lisa is the President? Bart is a bum? They all have kid voices in their 30's? Blehh.
- Gump Roast (13): A Clip show is fine if it makes sense? This episode is essentially a Roast for Homer where Kang and Kodos show up... Clip shows are still continuity, so why does this make Zero sense? The only things good here are the Austin Powers/ Darth Vader jokes at the beginning and the song at the end.
- The Blunder Years (13): The scenes of them as children were good, but what was the point fo all the other crap? Nothing else about it was funny, it felt like a good flashback ep with a bunch of really bad deleted scenes or crappy subplot added to ruin it. Yuck.
- The Principal & The Pauper (9): Funny episode... Terrible Plot. Seymour Skinner was fine being himself. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- Pokey Mom (12): Bland, Boring, Unfunny, a HORRIBLE One-Time character, actually possibly the worst one they've ever had, The Prisoner was just unbearably annoying. The Cyropracter sub-plot provided a few laughs, but that was also weak. Also Marge was way too Naive and Skinner was a jackass, they both felt so different here.
- Tennis The Menace (12): Why does a Tennis Game break up the family? The episode felt like everyone was angry at each other for really trivial reasons. Even with that, the episode was still fairl average and not bad, but then the ending came. The ending sucked. Celebraties came and made everything better. Lame. Also, quite unfunny. The Sideshow Mel line was funny and so was the Kent Brockman line, but there wasn't much else that made me laugh.
- Homer's Odyssey (1): In a Nutshell, it's a snoozefest.
- When you Dish upon a Star (10): Too Many Guess Stars. I usually don't care at all about Guess Stars, but in this episode, they are the main characters. I hated it.
- Alone Again Natural-Diddly (11): No one in Sprinfield cares that Maude Flanders is dead? That sucks.
- Bye Bye Nerdie (12): Another episode with almost nothing funny in it. I did like Homer's "Bully Problem" flashback a lot and Francine destroying all the nerds at the end, but other than that it was not good. Francine had no character other than "Beat up Lisa". The character and episode were just really bland and boring.
- The Bart of War (14): Not even a "Bad" episode, but easily the most boring Simpsons episode of all. It's like "Boy Scoutz in the Hood" with all the clever jokes removed. Most fans have no real problem with it, but I remember Otto's "Show us your boobs!" joke to be the only really funny moment of that episode. The whole thing felt unmotivated and emotionless.
- Day of The Jackanapes (12): It made no sense! In the Sideshow Bob episode before it, he became good. He gave up trying to kill Bart and now 3 seasons later, he's randomly evil again. It's just really very forgetabble and feels so unmotivated, like they brought back Bob for the hell of it. Worst Sideshow Bob episode ever, the only one I can't stand.
- Take my Wife, Sleaze (11): I liked it very much until the actual Hell's Satans came into the episode, before them it was very funny. Their characters were really annoying and the way no one tried to do anything about their takeover was really odd and irritating. The biker gang were all just really unfunny and stupid, imo.
- Strong Arms of the Ma (14): It was really, really good at first... and then there were steriods. It just felt pretty unbelievable to me, and not too funny once the steriods were introduced. "Disco Stu should have Disco ducked" gave me a laugh, but other than that, it was not good.
- Bart Mangled Banner (15): It had *some* good parody and satire to it on patriotism, but the lpot was way to disjointed for any of the jokes to be as funny as they should have been, I laughed a few times but that awful ending and so much of it being so odd threw everything off.
20 Simpsons episodes I do not like at all.
The Number next to each episode title is the season it is from. Seasons 11 & 12 are my least favorite Simpsons seasons.