Worst movies seen to date
Submitted by directorspen on Wed, 09/24/2003 - 10:29
- The Black Dahlia - see it to see what I mean! You try following just one of the stories and tell me if it's coherent.
- American Werewolf in Paris - another one of those movies I wanted to see when I was 13 and watched years later...and hated! I can't even believe how this movie played out, the script writer (if you can even give them that title) had no idea what he/she wanted, so he threw in every thought he/she had and crapped out this garbage
- Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story - pure garbage from beginning to end. Cameos and popular cast don't save this crap
- Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls - too many sick parts and stupid quotes I used to think were funny and a serious lack of actual humour
- Seven Beauties - maybe I misunderstood this movie, but the pacing sucked so horribly as did the acting and script that I would have not watched it any longer than I did if it wasn't required for my Italian Cinema class
- Happy Gilmore - another case of nothing being funny in the movie and it's supposed to be a comedy
- Idle Hands - man, I wanted to see this when it came out in theaters. Then again, that was when I was 13...or 14, whatever, it was when I was young and didn't know much about movies. This movie is godawful. Godawful. Another movie where I had to force myself to finish. It's one of those horror flicks where something jumps up on screen and they blast a sound effect to make the audience jump, I didn't jump, I just thought it was stupid.
- Dirty Pretty Things - uggghhh.....
- The Opposite of Sex - It's worse than The Italian Job!
- Kazaam - Shaq can't act, everyone knows this. Best review on this movie is by Roger Ebert, read it.
- Little Shop of Horrors - I thought this movie would be cool (when I was 14) because it had the word horror in the title. I was wrong, just another movie that makes me feel uncomfortable, and I really hated that lady's lisp - "Theemore."
- Tourist Trap - I don't think that maybe this movie is bad cinematically, but I hated it. I thought it was so disturbing - even being the point of the film - I couldn't take it.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre: the Next Generation - I didn't find this movie scary, just disturbing that someone would make this bad.
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch - this got good reviews and it's not that I can't see why, again, I just didn't like it. I thought the filmmakers made an honest attempt at this movie, but I couldn't enjoy it.
- To Wong Fu Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar - as with all the other movies on this list, I didn't like this movie. I'm not so sure if it was aweful cinematically, I just remember not being able to stand it.
- The Blair Witch Project - I really didn't enjoy this film (I wonder why it's on this list). I didn't find it frightening or interesting or a fresh idea, just one that made me nauseous. Needs rewatch
- The Grifters - what the hell is this movie? It is critically acclaimed...by a bunch of monkeys! This movie lead up to nothing, not even anti-climatical.
- Three Ninjas at Mega Mountain - it was a Sunday afternoon, gotta hate those, and I had nothing better to do than continuously yell at my TV for how horrible this movie is
- Anaconda - it was cool when I was 12 and was getting into PG-13 movies, and you've just got to love the backwards waterfall...not
- B-Movie: Farmhouse Massacre - seen at the TamBay Film fest this past spring, thee worst movie I've ever seen, 2 hours long, unfunny, unoriginal, mindwaste
- The Italian Job (2003) - everyone says: "it's just mindless entertainment." Mindless: yes. Entertainment: no. Ocean's 11, while not incredible cinema, was good entertainment. Watch and hate 'Job.' "It's so rediculous in nature that it defies description." - Lewis Black
- Armageddon - for reasons everyone should know
- Rocky Horror Picture Show - I wonder how many people will jump on me for this one, you know what? I don't care, I hate it, hate it, hate it, even the timewarp.
- Matrix: Reloaded - where is the inventiveness from 'The Matrix'? It didn't carry over.
The films on this list are more of popular films a mass of people may like that I don't. The list probably won't include films from Mystery Science Theater 3000 since most of us are in accord with the awfulness of the films viewed on that show.