Things I saw/did during my last journey to Paris (oct, 27 till oct, 31)
Submitted by 1922 on Fri, 11/11/2005 - 03:32
- a walk over the 'allée des cygnes', right in the middle of the Seine
- the house of the French writer Honoré de Balzac
- a museum about Brazilian romanticism
- the one-man-show 'Merci' by Daniel Pennac
- a museum about French romanticism
- an exposition of some sculptures by Salvador Dalí
- the cemetery of Montparnasse
- two plays by Eugène Ionesco: 'La leçon' and 'La cantatrice chauve'
- an exposition of the major works by Pablo Picasso (except, of course, 'Guernica')
- the exposition about the Arabian culture and sciences
- a museum about Middle Age
- the 'jardin du Luxembourg'
- the Champs-Elysées
- the 'Arc de Triomphe'
- the exposition Klimt-Kokoschka
- the Panthéon (with, for instance, the graves of Emile Zola or Victor Hugo)
- the play 'Le Cid' by Pierre Corneille
- the Eiffel Tower
- Sacré Coeur
- the Sorbonne (university of Paris)
- the book shop 'Shakespeare and Company' (where I bought two books)
- the Ritz (got into the entrance hall, and than I was thrown out)
- and less pleasent things:
- CRS men (because of the riots in suburbs)
It was not my first stay in Paris, but the most interesting one.