Strange Facts About Me
Submitted by lbangs on Thu, 12/16/2004 - 07:30
- My only irrational fear is that of being a waiter.
- Strangers often mistake me for a thug or a gay man. I am not at all sure how both of these is possible.
- I have made love in a cathedral.
- People have fired loaded guns at me before. I have heard bullets whistle past my ears.
- I have slept on top of a mountain in Amherst, Massachusetts in the middle of sub-freezing temperatures with only a single sheet as shelter.
- The only two people who have ever punched me are also the only two women with whom I have ever been in love.
- I read the entire Gospel According to St. Luke aloud one night without a pause to an audience of two.
- I ran naked around a busy neighborhood block three times at six p.m. Nobody called the police or spoke a word to me.
- I know somebody famous, and I have never told a soul about this.
- I was over six feet tall when I was thirteen years old. I have not grown an inch since seventh grade.
- I went an entire six-month period with no more than three hours of sleep a night.
- Once, on a whim and without training, I ran eight miles.
- One day, I smoked six packs of non-filtered cigarettes.
- I have read the entire King James Version Bible through over eight times.
- The scent of lipstick is one of my greatest turn-ons.
- I wrote my first novel before I was twenty. I have not written my second one yet.
- I once drank a liter of gasoline.
- At one point in my life, I could distinguish the color of an M&M by taste alone.
- I always wear white socks, regardless of the color of the rest of my clothes.
- I kissed every girl in one of my senior classes on the lips my final day of high school except for the one I had the biggest crush on. (I also was asked out by three different women as a result...)
- I never drink beverages (including soda) with ice (only exception: occasionally water).
- I do not carry a wallet or wear a watch; my few attempts at doing so drove me crazy (can't you tell?).
- I have never had any work beyond regular cleaning done to my teeth - no braces, no cavities, no fillings, nothing.