My Top 5 Shows
- 5. Clerks: The Animated Series - I was really burned up when ABC cancelled this after 2 episodes. I thought it was hilarious, and I think the 7 other people that watched it did too. I didn't even know there was a movie called "Clerks" at the time! Luckily, all 6 episodes came out on video eventually.
- 4. Friends - Okay, so the writing of this show isn't always that great, but what the show excels at is creating memorable characters. The situations of all the quirky characters are often hilarious, often touching, but always interesting. I can't wait to find out what happens in its last season.
- 3. 3rd Rock from the Sun - When this show is at its worst, it's decent, but when it's at its best...God is it funny. I love watching the misadventures of the male aliens Tom, Dick, and Harry, along with their female alien Sally. I thoroughly enjoyed this "fish millions of miles away from water" sitcom.
- 2. Seinfeld - While it's obviously only my second-favorite show, this is probably the most popular show of the nineties. In fact, I don't think I know anyone that doesn't like "Seinfeld." The writing is always clever, and of course the characters are memorable. When, oh, when will they release the episodes on VHS or DVD?
- 1. The Simpsons - I admit it: I am a Simpsoholic. While the show has gotten worse in the past few seasons, I still watch the episodes faithfully. It's such a hilarious show. When my friends and I start conversations about it, we could quote the show for hours. However, as the show has gotten worse recently, "Seinfeld" has a chance to usurp power as my favorite show. I wouldn't bet on it though. Homer will keep me laughing no matter how bad the writing is.
You may notice that, despite watching plenty of old movies, I am not as well-acquainted with old TV shows, except for "I Love Lucy" and "Get Smart", which are close to making my top 5, but not quite (it may be because I've seen mostly the newer episodes of "Get Smart", which I've heard are worse).