Movie Questions I Want Answered
Submitted by lukeprog on Fri, 08/20/2004 - 08:12
- From which silent film is the 'parading devil' clip that Conan O'Brien loves so much and plays on his show on occasion?
- How can you tell if a film is in the public domain? Is it just everything before Mickey Mouse (1928)?
- What film was host to the first 'curse' word used in a 'major' movie?
- Why didn't the Starship Troopers just nuke the bug planet, or conduct high-altitude bombing raids?
- Which shots in The Phantom Menace were shot with digital video?
- How was the shot in Fight Club where the camera pans over a frozen moment of sexual ecstacy for Marla done? It looks an awful lot like 'bullet-time' to me.
- Where is the ship built for Titanic (1997) and how is it being used? * answered by 0dysseus!
- Who is the most prolific movie actor/actress, not counting shorts? * possibly answered by 1922
- How did they shoot the 'defying gravity' dance scene from Royal Wedding (1951)? * answered by 0dysseus!
- What are Quentin Tarantino's 10 favorite films (not his own)? * answered by AJDaGreat!
- What song plays at the end of Startup.com (2001) ("So if I turn this up you have to pay royalties?")? * answered by ME: duh, it's "Remember" by Air - I HAVE that song!! :-)
- What full-length silent comedy does this describe: "A nerd who hates sports tries everything to impress a girl when he goes to college" - it's the only silent my friend has seen but he doesn't know the title. Which film might that be? * answered by AJDaSuperGreat!
- What the hell is so remarkable about the cinematography of Alexander Nevsky (1938)? * answered by ash_campbell
By the way, feel free to ask your own questions here, too - if there's something you've always wanted to know about a movie or film in general but never figured out. If I can't answer it, I'll probably add it to the list and see if someone else can.