I Give You My Lyric Game, But You Don't Care
Submitted by AJDaGreat on Tue, 02/10/2004 - 06:51
- 5. To bring your woman back home after she's left you for another / You've got to be a, got to be a man
- 7. Will it burn me if I touch the sun / So big, so round?
- 9. I'm waiting here for some reality crease / There's one big dead end in my head / And not a moment of peace
- 22. Looking back on my life / You know that all I see / Are things I could've changed
- 28. With the moonlight shining in her hair / With the ballroom eyes that say beware
- 35. I'm throwing stones at you, man / I want you black and blue and / I want to make you bleed
- 36. Tell me your dreams / Am I in them? / Tell me your fears / Are you scared?
- 37. All day long, I can hear people talking out loud / But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
- 40. So do you think these sinners will fall / Or do you think they'll survive us all / Well, well, well, well down this road / Won't you help me carry my load
- 1. Kiss me out of desire, babe, not consolation Last Goodbye, Jeff Buckley (thanks to jokow11)
- 2. You're going nowhere when you ride on the carousel / And maybe you're strong, but what's the good in ringing a bell? Wall of Death, Richard and Linda Thompson (thanks to pivvclam)
- 3. Maybe he’s as scared as me / Where he’s gone now, I can’t see Boris the Spider, The Who (thanks to Macheath)
- 4. It's all about money, ain't a damn thing funny / You got to have a con in this land of milk and honey The Message, Grandmaster Flash (thanks to geek)
- 6. I'm not a genius, but maybe you'll remember this / I never said I wanted to be a man The Air Near My Fingers, The White Stripes (thanks to xfanatic50)
- 8. They stood on the stairs / Laughing at your errors / Your mother's dead Holocaust, Big Star (thanks to lbangs)
- 10. All other instruments of faith and sex and God in the belly of a black-winged bird Rain King, Counting Crows (thanks to jokow11)
- 11. I clean my mouth / 'Cause froth comes out Canary, Liz Phair (thanks to lbangs)
- 12. The Internet is really, really great... The Internet Is For Porn, Avenue Q (thanks to AAA)
- 13. Do you wanna be, do you really wanna be a cop? Career Opportunities, The Clash (thanks to xfanatic50)
- 14. All my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy Ice Cream Man, Van Halen (thanks to jokow11)
- 15. I'm very superficial, I hate anything official Private Life, The Pretenders (thanks to Macheath)
- 16. Architects may come and architects may go So Long Frank Lloyd Wright, Simon and Garfunkel (thanks to cannedheat19)
- 17. I’d join the movement / If there was one I could believe in Acrobat, U2 (thanks to lbangs)
- 18. Eighteen times a week, love! Lot 105, Blur (thanks to lbangs)
- 19. Your jokes are always bad / But they're not as bad as this Here, Pavement (thanks to lbangs)
- 20. You like roses and kisses and pretty men to tell you all those pretty lies The Last Time I Saw Richard, Joni Mitchell (thanks to geek)
- 21. Limited in sex, they dare / To push fake morals, insult and stare / While money doesn't talk, it swears It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), Bob Dylan (thanks to Macheath)
- 23. I can tell she likes me from the way she stared / And the way she said, "You missed a spot over there" Stacy's Mom, Fountains of Wayne (thanks to geek)
- 24. You don't need a penny / Just to hang around / But if you've got a nickel / Won't you lay your money down? Down on the Corner, CCR (thanks to Macheath)
- 25. All around me everybody's multiplying / Till they're walking around like flies Apeman, The Kinks (thanks to Macheath)
- 26. She don’t even know my name / But I think she likes me just the same Sussudio, Phil Collins (thanks to lbangs)
- 27. She's fashionably lean / And she's fashionably late / She'll never wreck a scene / She'll never break a date 20th Century Fox, The Doors (thanks to lbangs)
- 29. And what will happen in the evening in the forest with the weasel with the teeth that bite so sharp when you're not looking in the evening? Hazey Jane II, Nick Drake (thanks to pivvclam)
- 30. Boys and things that come by the dozen / That ain't nothing but drugstore lovin' Hard to Handle, The Black Crowes (thanks to Macheath)
- 31. Dear drunken dungeon sailors / Headless Roman horsemen / The king and queen are empty / Their heads are in the outhouse The Murder Myster, Velvet Underground (thanks to pivvclam)
- 32. Did we miss anything? / Did we miss anything? / Did we miss anything? / Did we miss anything? Catapult, REM (thanks to pivvclam)
- 33. I could spend three dollars and sixty-three cents / On Diet Coca-Cola and unlit cigarettes Ashes of American Flags, Wilco (thanks to geek)
- 34. My brother's back at home with his Beatles and his Stones / We never got it off on that revolution stuff All the Young Dudes, Mott the Hoople (thanks to Macheath)
- 38. I should wear the clothing of Mr. Walter Mitty / See my tailor, he’s called Simon, I know it’s going to fit Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll, Ian Dury and the Blockheads (thanks to Macheath)
- 39. Better stay away from him / He’ll rip your lungs out, Jim / I’d like to meet his tailor Werewolves of London, Warren Zevon (thanks to Macheath)
- Carried over from the last lyric game. They're still open if you want 'em.
- C. Was I surprised? Yeah / Was I surprised? No, not at all Pretty Ballerina, Left Banke (thanks to Macheath)
- A. Your brains are locked away, but I love your company / I'll only ever leave you when you got no money
- B. And I hate it when you'd look away when I was inside and slowly getting to it / It didn't help a lot when you would turn around and I was on the top and you would say, "Baby, you can do it!"
- D. Oh, I don`t know why you`re not there / I give you my love, but you don`t care
I decided to give up on the other one and carry over the unguessed entries. Name the song title and artist. No cheating please.
I've separated the guessed from the unguessed.