Favorite Quotes from The Big Lebowski (1998, Coen)
Submitted by yvgeny on Sat, 10/15/2005 - 03:42
- Walter Sobchak: "Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature."
- Walter Sobchak: "The little prick is stonewalling me."
- Walter Sobchak: "For your information, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint."
- Walter Sobchak: "I mean, say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos."
- Walter Sobchak: "That's right, Dude, they peed on your f$#king rug."
- The Big Lebowski: "Is it being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the cost? Isn't that what makes a man?"
- Dude: "Mmm, sure. That and a pair of testicles."
- Bunny Lebowski: "I'll suck your cock for a thousand dollars."
- Brandt: "Ah hahahahaha! Wonderful woman. We're all, we're all very fond of her. Very free-spirited."
- Bunny Lebowski: "Brandt can't watch, though, or he has to pay a hundred."
- Maude Lebowski: "In a sense, yes. My art has been commended as being strongly vaginal which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina."
- The Dude: "Oh yeah?"
- Maude Lebowski: "Yes, they don't like hearing it and find it difficult to say whereas without batting an eye a man will refer to his dick or his rod or his Johnson."
- The Dude: "Johnson?"
- Nihilist: "We believe in nothing, Lebowski. Nothing. And tomorrow we come back and we cut off your johnson."
- The Dude: "We dropped off the damn money..."
- The Big Lebowski: "We?"
- The Dude: "I! The Royal 'we!' You know, the editorial..."
- Jesus Quintana: "You ready to be f#%ked, man? I see you rolled your way into the semis. Dios mio, man. Liam and me, we're gonna f@#k you up."
- The Dude: "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
- Jesus Quintana: "Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy s@#t with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the f%*king trigger 'til it goes 'click.'"
- The Dude: "Jesus."
- Jesus Quintana: "You said it, man. Nobody f&*ks with the Jesus."
- Maude Lebowski: "It can be a natural and zesty enterprise but there are some people -it is called satyriasis in men and nymphomania in women- who engage in it compulsively and without joy."
- Karl Hungus: "Meine dispatcher says there is something wrong with eine cable."
- The Dude: "I know that guy. He's a nihlist. Karl Hungus."
- The Dude: "Well, I still jerk off manually."
- Tony the Chauffeur: "And I got a rash so bad on my ass, I can't even sit down. But you know me. I can't complain."
- The Dude: "Fuckin' A, man. I got a rash, man. F$*kin' A."
- The Dude: "A young trophy wife, in the parlance of our times, you know..."
- The Dude: "You got any promising leads or..."
- Policeman: "Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll, uh, just check with the boys down at the crime lab. They got four more detectives working on the case. They got us working in shifts. [laughing hard] Leads?"
- Walter Sobchak: "Lets not forget, Dude, that keeping wildlife, um... an amphibious rodent, for... um, ya know domestic... within the city... that ain't legal either."
The whole movie is a favorite quote.