[CUT OFF] The growing popularity of classic trance... backround music?
Submitted by AlacritMusic on Sun, 12/24/2006 - 12:22
- Okay so it seems recently all I've been doing is killing all of my lists. But I lost most of my will to add to this when I found Ishkur's unbelievable samples list that would kick any other wannabe samples list out of the water. And his doesn't even revolve strictly around trance.
- I'd steal everything from it, but I'm not going to. Just click the link if you're interested.
- So I've noticed that in the past few years, quite a few trance songs have blossomed... that haven't completely originated their own music style... but have rather taken in from previous trance songs and added their own elements... such as vocals, and presume the song now to be... their own???
- Whatever floats your boat...
- Random list... no particular order (well, I guess I alphabetized them)... I just took an interest in how many songs I could find relating to this...
- Angel City's "Do You Know"
- -taken from Robert Mile's "Children"
- Ferry Corsten's "Cubikated"
- -taken from 808 State's "Cubik." Shocker, eh?
- Fragma's "Man in the Moon"
- -taken from Energy 52's "Cafe Del Mar"
- Kontakt's "Show Me A Sign"
- -taken from Binary Finary's "1998," "1999," take your pick.
- Lost Tribe's "Gamemaster"
- -basic layout sampled from Quench's "Dreams"
- Safri Duo's "Played Alive"
- -taken from Cosmic Baby's "Liebe."
- Scooter's "Weekend" (what an earsplitting song.)
- -parts taken from Push's "Strange World"
- Stunt's "Raindrops"
- -taken from Sash!'s "Encore Un Fois"
- This is an ongoing list... I'll be sure to keep adding to it, because I'm sure they'll keep covering classic, progressive, dream, and ibiza songs and convert them to pure epic madness.
- Other suggestions are adored strongly.
- Post.Script. Please keep in mind highlights are updates, not meant to be exaggerations on opinion.