10 Things That Make A Film Worth Watching
Submitted by stooky on Sun, 02/26/2006 - 12:16
- 1. A good beginning.
- 2. A storyline that contains a good enough story that discussing the movie over coffee afterwards will bring about an hour long conversation using such words as "obfuscation" and "interpolation".
- 3. A desperate need to figure out what will happen next and a constant wonderment at where the film's calculations lead.
- 4. A plot which develops twists based on prior motivations of characters rather than pulling plot developements out of a monkey's butt (unless the film is a parody).
- 5. An interesting and detailed storyline.
- 6. Extrapolation of the storyline to contain details and scenerios not laid out in the film.
- 7. A preponderance of interesting visual detail.
- 8. Good acting, good scripting.
- 9. Originality.
- 10. A good ending.