Movies I've Seen In 2010
Submitted by grantica on Thu, 01/21/2010 - 17:16
- (31/05) Kiss Me Again (Baciami ancora)(6/10) i love muccino and his tipe of directing... i love what he does to actors... accorsi is quite repetitive in all his characters, but the remain of the team is credible and the story really gets under the skin.
- (30/05) Zorba the Greek (8.5/10) anthony quinn at his best! beautiful interprations, quite more sad that i imagined that it will be... but with a fantastic story and lesson, about life, and how one should live it.... waited absolutly to long to see it. :)
- (29/05) The Back-up Plan (6/10) ok, this is obviously not a high value inteligent movie, but its quite fun and jennifer makes a good interpretation, she has a good face for comedy, when she has to portrait how clumsy she is funny, and this is a non-fan speaking... alex o'laughlin is a surprise... maybe i liked it only due to the fact that i am the same age and same situation as jlo is so its easier to get into the story/movie.
- (28/05) Dear John (1.5/10) boring.... boring... boring... and too much patriotism... but i still love charleston and surroundings.... myrtle beach for ever!
- (21/05) Combien tu m'aimes? (How Much Do You Love Me?) (3.5/10) its a film for man as monica is partly nude for a big portion of the movie :D otherwise its an intersting story, but difficult to follow in some parts.
- (20/05) A Single Man (8.5/10) just an ordinary day of solitude. a very nicely portrait desperation and solitude, due to the lost of the other half... beatiful acting by julianne moore and especially of colin firth.... this movie is full of amazingly beautiful man, so I recommend it to all the girls :) a very fresh and new story never portrait previously.
- (14/05) Stalker (5.5/10) way to dramatic... loved the camera work it was amazing!!! all the shots were absolutly perfect... it bother me the darkness and the "antimatherializem" of the movie... and also the perfeormances especially by the leading lady was a disaster... well i think great technical merits, bad feeling overall.. wouldn't watch it again and can be tarkowsky or god himslef!
- (29/04) L'uomo che ama (The Man Who Loves) (7/10) well using monica bellucci as the left behind girl its kind of hard to believe. anyway the movie is nice to watch and easy to follow. the inside drama of favino's character is very good acted and presented.
- (28/04) The Return (Vozvrashcheniye) (6.5/10) intersting and sad story, the little guy got on my nerves by the end of the movie, but i guess this is how you really feel when something like a distant father growing up happens to you.
- (22/04) Up (9.5/10) its rare for me that a cartoon make me cry but this one at some certain points was really emotianal, beautifully portraid mr. Fredricson and such a nice fairy tale, with of course a positive ending,
- (12/04) Slovenian Girl (6.5/10) quite good for a slovenian product.
- (11/04) Meno male che ci sei (5.5/10) part of it are cool and some parts the director should have avoided (especially some exagerations). but anyway the result is a watchable movie, with an intresting story to tell. loved claudia gerini in this one.
- (08/04) Hadashi no Gen (Barefoot Gen) (9.5/10)beautiful and cruel at the same time, its a pleasure to see such pearl among so many movies we have the chance to see. the cruelty and stupidity of war and the strenght of survival, to go on and never give up.
- (08/04) Did You Hear About the Morgans? (2.5/10) i like hugh grant in this awkward roles, and it was a cute movie to see with your boy/girlfriend, nothing much to say about it.
- (07/04) Shutter Island (5.5/10) excellent ending twist, i am not a di caprio fun and his acting always disturbs me.
- (07/04)The Hurt Locker (8.5/10)i am not very into war movies, but the intensety and the strenght of this movie is felt and this is what it makes intresting to me. really good directing (worth definitly an oscar). love the inner drama of renner and the incredible msg of the story... u can not leave sane from a war insanity.
- (06/04)Alice in Wonderland (9/10) i just adore it! excellently portraid, beautiful acting, costumography, the make up was perfect, loved how was portraited the queen. it was just darkly enough as expected a tim burton movie should be, in addition all the fairytale stuff were awsome! i want more :D... oh, i got one tine little critic to make... wanted a little bit more of the "Wonderland".
- (02/04)Kaze no tani no Naushika (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind) (Warriors of the Wind) (8/10) Not as good as spirited away, but still a beautiful! story!!
- (26/03)Le Mépris (Contempt) (5.5/10)BB is abolutly beautiful, but the movie is really a test of your nerves as the dialogues keep repeating and thefor getting very boring, all actors did a tremendous job, the story is perfectly portraid but the dialouges could be much much better.
- (20/03)Zodiac (8.5/10) loved the movie, since its fincher, its obvious it reminded me of the "seven" story....anyway a great thriller with an exciting story and excellent directing.
- (19/03)Breathless (À bout de souffle) (7.5/10) exellent :))) loved belmondo and his stile in this movie. also loved the look of other people in the movie, who were not part of the cast. excellent.
- (17/03)Invictus (9/10) loved it.... i wasn't familiar with the inside politics of mandela, and how he make it... clint eastwood as usual in directing: beautiful.
- (15/03)A Prophet (Un prophete) (9.5/10) the raise of a gangsta, beautiful movie, half of point is lost due to the lenght.
- (14/03)3-Iron (Bin-jip) (Empty Houses) (10/10) saw this movie again after some years and is still an epic, mind and eyes opening movie. perfection.
- (13/03)Capitalism: A Love Story (9/10) i just love the style he use when explaining quite complicate subjects. the arguments are well developed but usually we could tell more and you have the feeling the documentary/movie is ending too fast. about the subject of this movie I must say I agree I feel is so and that we should all give more time to obama to at least try to solve all this issues that various documentaries are pointing out. in 4 years maybe there will be no change but at least is worth trying to get back on track with humanity instead of greed.
- (07/03)Crazy Heart (9/10) beautiful intense story about a country singer that lives a life on a edge, excellent interpretation of jeff bridges, worth an oscar.
- (04/03)Dolls (7/10) has a similar mood as kim ki duk - bin jip, didn't quite enter in the movie even if I admit that is very good, the way the director presents the drama of the guilt, love, loyalty is very absurd and at moments too absurd and took me some concentration.
- (01/03)Food, Inc. (9/10) fantastic... i just love this documentaries that revel the real story of the state of the food, organic and local that is something we should always keep in mind when we are the groceries.
- (28/02)The Blind Side (8.5/10) what a good movie, what a good story... and sandra is great as the main character.
- (27/10)The Wolfman (1/10)boring, boring, boring... the only thing worth in the movie are hopkins and benicio.
- (25/02)Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi) (10/10) waw... loved it, adored it, waited sooo (too much) long to see it... well this is not a cartoon this is pure work of art made of incredible fantasy, imagination, a fantastic fairytale... far east has great stories to tell us.
- (20/02)Old Dogs (3.5/10) funny
- (19/02)The Spiderwick Chronicles (7/10) nice fantasy story, with a good plot and good actors
- (14/02)Scusa ma ti Chiamo Amore (4/10) moccia... you know what you get when you watch it.... loved the quotations, a nice touch, and the storytelling. no quality, but cute for romanticoholic like me :)
- (12/02)The Last Kiss (1/10) a poor remake of the original italian l'ultimo bacio.... a give 3 star for the amazing original story which this movie is based on... but they cut and changed the best parts from the original.
- (10/02)What Just Happened? (5/10) nice one... loved bruce willis and obviously robert de niro.
- (09/02)The Lovely Bones (8.5/10) very nice, very touching, a beautiful perspective on the victims, the left behinds... absolutely beautiful.
- (08/02)A Serious Man (2009) (6/10) loved the story and the acts, but I had a hard time to get to the end of this movie, watching all the troubles that happened to this guy, made me wanna stop the movie at some points. Seen better Coens.
- (07/02)Il Divo (2008) (9/10) An phenomenal portrait of the most influential Italian politician of the 20th century.
- (06/02)Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009) (10/10) beautiful story, incredible acts, Mo'nique was fantastic, Mariah, Lenny and Alicia were believable and made a good performance.
- (05/02)Julie & Julia (2009) (6/10) characters written for the main actresses. the movie made me hungry :P
- (04/02)An Education (2009)(7/10) a surprisingly light movie, nice, interesting story
- (24/1)The Family Stone (2005) (5,5/10) could it be a blast if the actors did their part, only Diane Keaton and Luke Wilson made a believable act... everything else seem forced.
- (23/1)Wedding crashers (2005) (5/10) it was fun, but i preferred Vince and Owen more in other stuff they did.
- (22/1)Music & Lyrics (7/10) hugh grant in the 80s parody made my day.
- (21/1)Taking Woodstock (10/10)a funny portrait of history happening in your backyard.
- (20/1)The Men Who Stare at Goats (7/10) i wanted to have more fun with this movie, the goat part is phenomenal :)
- (16/1)Up in the Air (8/10) not envying the job of the man, great story
- (15/1)Fool's Gold (6/10) a funny chick flick... PS quote is fantastic, love Kate's and Matthew's comedy moments, the only chick flick that i saw this year that has a love story that is believable... and its a comedy for god sake!
- (15/1)Coco avant Chanel (8/10) phenomenal Tatou, powerful story of a powerful movie.
- (14/1) What Happens in Vegas (5/10) well Cameron is good in comedies and Ashton was born to make romantic chick flicks... sorry to say there is nothing else.
- (13/1) Sweet Home Alabama (5/10) an unlikely story to happen.
- (13/1) The Ugly Truth (5/10) well love George butler... everything else is flat.
- (12/1) Avatar (8/10) spectacular, two points from perfection for a terrible flat story, would prefer the entire movie was fantasy.
- (11/1) The Wedding Date (5/10) didn't feel the so-called power of love happening between the two main characters.
- (10/1) Sherlock Holmes (10/10) Robert downey jr. and Jude law are fantastic... loved the fresh guy Richie adaptation of this classic detective.
- (9/1)27 Dresses (6/10) an entertaining story for girls, love Katherine Heigl, she is one of the actress with most class and elegance, missing in lots of today fresh young stars.
- (9/1) Diary of a Nymphomaniac (Diario de una ninfmana) (Diary of a Sex Addict)(8/10) read the book some years ago and the movie is very well done, preserving the topic parts of the original story. lots of sensuality, sex and emotions... would say very good movie.
- (7/1)(500) Days of Summer (7/10) liked it, because its not your obvious love story with the obvious ending with the obvious acting... its more.
- (6/1)Duplicity (6/10) liked the editing of the story, and obviously if you have the beautiful Clive Owen and the talented Julia Roberts its not hard to get a good movie out of it.
- (5/1) 17 Again (1/10) boring
- (4/1) The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (5/10) the best part: michael dauglas.
- (3/1) Closer (8/10)good movie about human relations, about getting what you want but not always being what you need.
- (2/1) Public Enemies (6/10) a big disappointment, this movie would be phenomenal if it wasn't for the length of some parts. and they even had johhny and christian in it... shame, real shame.
- (2/1) Natale a Rio (5/10) nice for spending an 1h30 laughing
- (2/1) Made of Honor (5/10) Scotland is beautiful, everything else is very unlike to happen.
- (2/1) Rumor Has It (7/10) way above avarage...loved maclaine's character!!!