Brunettes wear boots: a look back at the pairs of Dr.Marten's I owned and wore
Submitted by cramoukji on Wed, 01/25/2006 - 05:51
- I was twenty when I decided Dr.Marten's boots would be my shoes of choice... They're timeless, comfortable, durable and quite expensive and yet retain that little touch of rebelness that you can't help but love... These are the pairs of the I owned and wore over this past decade:
- 1460 green suede
- 1460 green nappa
- 1460 green smooth
- 1490 black smooth
- 1460 green smooth II
- 1490 cherry red smooth (currently wearing)
- all had the DMS soles
- 1460 models don't have many colours available in Europe for 2006 but I'd like the Red Vintage and the White Smooth... or maybe a pair of 1919 in cherry smooth... or even a new pair of 1490 but they're only either in black or cherry... where have all the funky designs gone like Tartan and Union Jack and Flowers ?
- Breaking news:
- I found and bought yesterday (january 26th) for half the price (it's the very end of new year sales in the shops here) a pair of 1460 with DMS soles in brown nappa... a model that is not in the 2006 catalog!
- Yay, back in june 2007, I was in London and managed to have my girlfriend buy me a pair of 1460 with the wraparound Union Jack design, ooh, nedless to say, I cherish them (but I love my girlfriend as well, obviously) and apply that special balsam once in a while as recommended.
- Month of May 2010, I bought myself a very nice present in the form of a strictly limited edition (1460 pairs have been made in total) pair of 1460 black boots celebrating the 50th anniversary of our beloved AirWair shoewear, the thing being that this strictly limited edition (exactly 1460 pairs have been made in total) boots were manufactured in the historical AirWair UK factory, using the same materials and following the same know-how as 50 years ago, yes, I'm a DrMartensaholic.
- And, finally, on december 2010, around christmas time, I found, during the closing down sale of AirWair's shop in Spitalfields Market, a pair of 1460 with the tartan design; not only did they fit me, they were a bargain, at half-price... I can now rest easy and die happy.